A little reminder of the vernissage of the exhibition opening at the Reilly House Potton: Portrait of a Farming Community on Friday June 3rd 4-6 pm.
Sandra Jewett, an important member or our executive, born in Potton, wrote a delightful narrative for the Association : Of raspberries and cream tells of a typical morning in the life of a young farmer’s wife in Potton in the 1920s.
Jacqueline Robitaille very kindly translated the story: Des framboises et de la crème fraiche. Don’t forget to pick up a copy of it when you visit the exhibition.
The exhibition continues from June 4 to Oct 2, Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
Contact Form Shortcode Error: Form 2 does not exist
Is there a member of the Potton Heritage Association interested in becoming a member of the Committee for Culture and Heritage for our Township ?
The Committee has a general mandate of promoting and supporting the development of cultural life and heritage within the Township of Potton.
The Committee has the following specific mandates :
- the study of all requests coming from the municipal council and the formulation of an opinion ;
- the implementation of the various components of the Policy on Culture and Heritage already adopted by the municipal council in September 2010 ;
- to make recommendations concerning the cultural and heritage policy ;
- the management of events of a cultural or heritage nature ;
- the preparation of grant requests for presentation to various donors ;
- the production of periodic reports, at the request of the municipal council, as
well as an annual report of activities ;
The Committee has nine members of whom two are designated by the Potton Heritage Association.
If you are interested in the position, please leave your co-ordinates on the secure application form. We will be in touch with you.