Discover our Historical and Natural Heritage
Snowshoe – Cross Country Ski (walk if no snow)
(Free of charge for members – $5 for non-members)
($10 to Hosts if lunches are available)
Saturday, January 4th, 10 am
Easy snowshoe excursion in the woods and pastures of the Bedard farm. Beautiful scenery. Meet: corner of West Hill and White roads. Lunch at the Reilly house. Cost: $11. Bring your own wine. Book by Dec. 29th: Marie Joli 450-292-0569.
Saturday, January 11th, 10 am
Easy excursion, snowshoe or cross-country ski on the golf course trails. Meet: 181 Owl’s Head road. Hosts: Édith and Christian 450-292-0547.
Saturday, January 18th, 10 am
Easy excursion, snowshoe or cross-country ski in the Nature Reserve between Sugar Loaf and Elephantus. Meet: 50 Hilmar Krausser road. Scottish flavour in honour of poet Robbie Burns. Hosts: Diane and Michael 450-292-4432.
Saturday, January 25th, 10 am
Easy to intermediate snowshoe excursion on the mountain bike trail at Owl’s Head mountain. Meet: In the ski parking lot. Trail fees : $5
Host: Wendy and André 450-292-3146.
Saturday, February 1st, 10 am
Intermediate snowshoe activity in the woods. Meet: 89 chemin Fontaine.
Hosts: Janine and Richard 450-292-3780.
Saturday February 8th, 10 am
Easy snowshoe excursion on a private woodlot with Therese or on a new easy trail along the Missisquoi brook with Julie Larson, accompanied by Luc Paquette technician, in forestry, flora and fauna. Meet: 70 Schoolcraft Road. You can also meet Luc Paquette at the entrance of the trail near 87 Sugar Loaf Pond Road.
Hosts: Jean-Louis and Thérèse 450-292-0202.
Friday February 14th, 3 pm
Valentine’s Day, intermediate snowshoe excursion through forest. Meet: West Hill road near Route 243. Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the Anglican Church Hall at 5 pm. Potluck supper. Reservations by 9th with Janine Sourdif : 450-292-3780.
Saturday February 22nd, 10 am
Easy snowshoe excursion in woodlands. Meet: 282 Leadville road. Lunch at the Soleil Rouge restaurant. Possibility to buy wine or beer. Cost $11.
Reserve February 19th, with Marie Joli 450-292-0569.
Saturday March 1st, 10 am
Easy snowshoe or cross-country ski excursion on wooded trails. Meet: 418 chemin Leadville. Hosts: Beatrice and Karsten 450-292-6872.
Saturday March 8th, 10 am
Intermediate snowshoe excursion in the Ruiter Valley Land Trust. Meet: 171 Ruiter Brook road. Reservations with Hans: 450-292-3566.
Lunch at the Reilly House. Cost $11. Bring your own wine.
Sunday March 16th, 2 pm
Easy snowshoe excursion (walking, if not enough snow; wear appropriate footwear) on trails of the Chapel St-Agnes vineyard , followed by a light meal at 4:30 pm. Cost $20. Possibility to buy your own wine. Also possible: three ice wine tasting at $10, and guided tour of winery including ice wine tasting at $20 at 1 pm. Meet 2559 Scenic road.
Reservations with Carol Bishop before March 9th 514-481-6279.
Sunday March 23rd, 10 am
All members are invited to the 24th annual General Assembly
of Potton Heritage Association
convened for Sunday, March 23, 2014 at 10 a.m. in the Town Hall in Mansonville
Juice, coffee and biscuits will be served from 9 :15 a.m.
You are cordially invited to a Spring brunch, catered by Owl’s Bread,
which will be served at the conclusion of the Meeting, around 12 :30.
Price : $ 20 per person. Please bring your beverage of choice.
Please confirm your presence before March 19, 2014
by calling Carol Bishop at 514-481-6279
or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please specify if you attend the brunch or not.
- Excursions are free of charge to Association members, $5 required from non-members, in addition to meal charge. Excursions are cancelled if weather is inclement.
- Meal charge after excursion in private homes : $10 each, member and guest, to defray cost of hosting the group. In a restaurant setting, each is reponsible for paying his own meal and beverage.
- Because lunching in a private home has become so popular, and the work involved for the host is substantial, few homes can accomodate large groups. This, therefore, is the reason that we propose lunch in the village occasionally.
- Please be kind enough to make reservations for lunch in a private home, since space may be limited. Also, in the case of cancellations, please let your host know at least 2 days in advance, failing which you will be required to pay your host. If you’re not able to attend, perhaps others could take your place.
For additional information:
- Carol Bishop : 514-481-6279
- Janine Sourdif : 450-292-3780